[mapguide-users] What Java version is needed for Mapguide 3.0?

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Tue Oct 27 10:31:38 PDT 2015

I have an old coldfusion Mapguide app that I wanted to keep maintained.
its coldfusion 11 64 bit on Java 1.8 JRE I can't even get past
MgInitializeWebTier.
Trying to run Lines 4-5 Seperately on any other version gets the Object and
dumps its methods on 3.0 it can't even retrieve the Object.

1<cfset webconfigloc = "C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\webconfig.ini">
2<cfset MapGuideJavaApi =
createObject("java","org.osgeo.mapguide.MapGuideJavaApi")>
3<cfset x = MapGuideJavaApi.MgInitializeWebTier('C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\webconfig.ini')>
4<cfset
mgUserInformation=createObject("java","org.osgeo.mapguide.MgUserInformation")>
5<cfdump var="#mgUserInformation#">

I've copied all the C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Tomcat\bin
(except the MapGuideJavaApiEx.dll) into the cfusion/lib folder as well as
the MapguideApi.jar, commons-codec-1.3.jar, and commons-fileupload-1.0.jar
files.

In the past this is all that was needed..I don't know if their are more
dependancies or if Java 1.8 64 bit isn't compatible anymore