[mapguide-users] MSSQL Provider

Riccardo Pucci riccardo.pucci at geowebitalia.it
Fri Jan 15 08:54:20 PST 2016

Hi all
We have a customer where sometimes happens that network connection between
servers where mapguide and database are installed gets lost. After
connection is reestablished (maybe some milliseconds after) We got this
error from provider:

RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]SMux Provider: Physical
connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]. (Cause: , Root Cause: RDBMS:
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]SMux Provider: Physical
connection is not usable [xFFFFFFFF]. )

Obviously is not a mapguide problem, but when it happens the only thing we
could do is restart the mapguide server service.
Others connection pool technologies (java common-dbcp for example) have an
option to check if the connection is valid after borrowing it from the
pool, by making a validation query like: "select 1". If the test is not
positive the connection is removed from pool and another one is borrowed.
Is there something analogous in MapGuide/Fdo, or someone knows any
workaround to avoid manual intervention after this problems?

Thanks!

Riccardo

--
Riccardo Pucci