[mapguide-users] What version of FDO is MapGuide 3.1.1 compiled against?

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Wed Apr 18 04:56:28 PDT 2018

All test data is in ASCII, and have no characters outsize the A-Z range.
I have created a very small test MapInfo TAB file:
https://www.geograf.com/filer/none_ascii.zip

The MapInfo table has two columns:
Stadt and Straße (city, street)
A sigle row with:
Güstrow, Neukruger Straße

The file is in WGS84 coordinate system, but this is not relevant for this
case.

This is how it looks in MapInfo:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t201518/mapinfo.png>

This is how it looks in QGIS (I believe they use OGR provider too, they
probably just handle it different than MapGuide after they receive the
data):
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t201518/qgis.png>

Preview of feature source in MapGuide (Here it is clear that MapGuide cannot
handle none ascii characters from TAB files):
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t201518/featuresource_preview.png>

Creating a layer works, but setting a filter is next to impossible:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t201518/maguide_layer.png>

Best regards
  Hans Milling...