[mapguide-users] ECW in MapGuide 3.1

Benoit Begin bbegin at geomapgis.ca
Mon Feb 26 11:02:02 PST 2018

Looks like you got it working better, but I will confirm that we do point to
\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Fdo\gdalplugins for the GDAL_DRIVER_PATH.

I do recall some weirdness happening when the alpha band was used in the
past. I'm going from memory, but I could be wrong. An ECW had 4 color bands,
so ARGB. Our issue was that the alpha band wasn't properly managed so they
appeared with 100% transparency. So this isn't exactly what's happening to
you. I can confirm, however, that an ECW generated with FME Desktop 2013 SP4
are properly handled by Mapguide as long as it's a 3-band RGB image.

I would look into what color bands your ECWs are using maybe?