[MapProxy-dev] RFC: Introduce linting

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:43:50 PST 2021

Big +1 here.  We use flake8 as part of Travis/GitHub Actions in
numerous projects
and have found it valuable in code style alignment.  We will need to
address E501
(max-line-length), however this is configurable (like many flake8 settings).

I also like your approach of tackling flake8 errors iteratively.
Perhaps we can update
[1] with a checklist of all the error types so if anyone wants to jump
they can see the
state of things at a given point in time.

Big +1 from me.

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy/issues/478