[MapProxy] Proxy_Seed blank/empty tiles.

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Apr 1 10:57:56 EDT 2010

On 01.04.2010, at 16:43, Adam Estrada wrote:
> I am seeding my AOI using proxy_seed and I am getting all white or transparent tiles where the oceans are. I get the same thing when caching using the python script from TileCache...Where exactly in MapProxy do I set the transparency to false and the the bgcolor to HEX?

Just put everything to the req parameter of you layer.

- type: cache_wms
  req:
    url: http://localhost:8080/service?
    layers: roads
    transparent: 'true'
    bgcolor: 0x0000ff

> I can successfully generate good looking tiles using the generate_tiles.py script that installs with Mapnik but it appears to be using the default Agg renderer to render the tiles. The water is blue but I can't find where they are actually setting that color. Tile seeding is very important to my group so any help on this would be great!

Im don't know if OGCServer supports bgcolor, but IIRC you can set the 'water' color in the root tag of your Mapnik XML, e.g. <Map bgcolor='...'>.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)