[MapProxy] Far Future Expires Header

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jun 14 10:11:02 EDT 2010

On 14.06.2010, at 14:31, Marc Harter wrote:
> I am using a cached WMS service, any options for that?  I suppose
> whatever would keep the tile cached in the browser would be good, I
> usually use far future expires headers.

It is only for TMS.

>> MapProxy also supports '304 Not modified' responses. So if a client
>> re-requests a tile and the tile was not changed, the image is not
>> transferred again.
>> I'm not sure if and how you could overwrite these headers in Apache.
>
> How do you enable the 304 Not Modified?  Does that work with WMS
> cached?

It is enabled by default. If the client sends If-modified-since
headers and the actual tile was not modified since this date, then it
will return 304.

It does not work for WMS at the moment. Maybe Apache can rewrite the
headers?

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)