[MapProxy] Idea: Combining Caches

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jun 14 12:51:31 EDT 2010

On 14.06.2010, at 17:59, Marc Harter wrote:

> It seems to me that you can only request one layer for a WMS service
> at
> a time but say I have a cached aerial photography layer and a cached
> vector layer,

That should work. Is you vector layer transparent and is the req
option set?
If it still does not work, can you post you configuration?

> could there be a way to request multiple layers and have
> them fused into one image dynamically instead of having to build three
> caches, (one vector, one photo, one both)... could build two.
>
> e.g. ?SERVICE=WMS&LAYERS=cache1,cache2&...

That should work too. If they come from the same server:

sources:
  - type: cache_wms
    req:
      url: http://
      layers:  one,two

and if you have multiple servers then you can add multiple sources.

sources:
  - type: cache_wms
  - type: cache_wms

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)