[MapProxy] Idea: Combining Caches

Marc Harter mharter at adc4gis.com
Tue Jun 15 14:41:31 EDT 2010

What I mean by this is I want to make a WMS request to MapProxy passing
in two layers so my service.yaml would be something like:

cache1:
  sources:
    - type: cache_wms
      req:
        url: http://..
        layers:  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
cache2:

And in so my WMS request would look like:

http://example.com/proxy/service?SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=cache1,cache2&...

So from the client side I can ask for any combination of "caches" to be
overlayed on top of one another and return one image.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Marc