[MapProxy] less configuration for MapProxy

Daniel Araújo Miranda miranda.dam at dpf.gov.br
Fri Jun 25 15:47:14 EDT 2010

Hello all,
  Please let me know if this should be posted in the bitbucket issue
list instead of the mailing list.

I have tried mapproxy to proxy WMS between GeoServer and ArcMAP (which,
AFAIK, does not support WMS-T or the like), and found it very annoying
to have to configure the layers in mapproxy every time I
added/removed/renamed them on GeoServer. Please make configuration
easier by checking the GetCapabilities document from the server and
allowing one to load SRSs, layers and other parameters automatically
with expressions like "*" and "abc_*".

Here follows a small python script that I wrote for my case, but I
believe it is generic enough to be of use to other people using
MapProxy.

Best regards.
Daniel
Computer Forensics Expert
Polícia Federal do Brasil
(currently on a corporate webgis project)