[MapProxy] less configuration for MapProxy

Daniel Araújo Miranda miranda.dam at dpf.gov.br
Tue Jun 29 09:49:08 EDT 2010

Hello Oliver.
  Thanks for the prompt reply, and congratulations on your software.

  I will post the suggestions to the Bitbucket issue tracker soon.

  About the issues you raised, I have put some thought to it, and did
not come up with anything trivial to implement. A few comments follow:

 "There are numerous cases where automatic capabilities reading would
result in unexpected behavior."

 Agreed. Maybe just a helper script and no automatic capabilities is
best for now.

 "Yes, a small script that builds an example configuration from an
existing WMS server would be convenient. It could be integrated in the
 `paster create -t mapproxy_conf` script."

 That would be great, but a separate script to update just the services.yaml
would be nice, since we could keep the rest of the configuration.

Best regards,
Miranda