[MapProxy] Installation Konfiguration Windows

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at bogosoft.com
Mon Mar 15 07:14:01 EDT 2010

On 15.03.2010, at 11:11, Rahn Hanno (rahn) wrote:
> Ich weiss jetzt gar nicht ob man hier auf Deutsch schreiben kann.

This list not german, so I'm answering in english.

> Leider habe ich jetzt keinerlei Erfahrungen mit Python. Gibt es
> jetzt eine detallierte Anleitung für die Installation und
> Konfiguration von MapProxy auf einem Windows Server.

[Installation on Windows]

The documentation is sparse at the moment and we don't have
instructions for Windows. In general MapProxy installs like other
Python projects. You should install virtualenv with the instructions
from http://virtualenv.openplans.org/ and then call `easy_install
MapProxy`. This should work, but I haven't tested this procedure lately.

The deployment with Apache or other web servers is also not documented
yet. We will improve that before our official announcement.

> Eventuell auch kommerziellen Support, wenn ich abschätzen kann
> wieviel mich das kosten würde. Oft geht es ja so schneller, als wenn
> ich 3 Tage investieren muss.

We (Omniscale) offer commercial support.

> Ich arbeite auf einem Windows Server. Die projekte laufen
> überwiegend auf Basis von OpenLayers oder Mapbender unter einer
> PostgreSQL/PostGIS Datenbank. Als Kartenserver dient UMN Mapserver.

MapProxy follows the WMS standards, so it should work fine with all
these components. What you should keep in mind is that MapProxy is
bests used for a few 'base'-layers. If you have layers for each
featuretype (highway, primaryroads, railways, etc) you will not gain
much performance. MapProxy can combine these layers, though.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Oliver Tonnhofer <tonnhofer at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)