[MapProxy] MapProxy 0.9 under IIS on Windows

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Nov 10 08:28:41 EST 2010

Hi Jörg, hi Milo,

the "included"[0] web server that runs when using the develop.ini is stable and works great for development or small installations, but it doesn't scale well with multiple cores.

CPU-bound Python applications do not benefit from multi-core CPUs when they run in threaded mode. You have to keep that in mind for you deployment strategy. See the small note at: http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/deployment.html#other-deployment-options

[0] it's part of Paste, one of the MapProxy dependencies.

On 10.11.2010, at 14:06, Jörg Schräder wrote:
>> From that point forward, I think you will be most likely to succeed by implementing http://code.google.com/p/isapi-wsgi/ the fastCGI module you are trying to use is pretty useless for sockets, especially python based...
>
> This is interesting, I will have a deeper look into this! Thanks for the advise! I will see If I get this running.

The options for windows are rather small, see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4012621/python-wsgi-deployment-on-windows-for-cpu-bound-application

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)