[MapProxy] Distortions in EPSG 4236 -> 900913 reprojection

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Fri Nov 26 15:36:13 EST 2010

Hi all!

When I try to use mapproxy for reprojecting from EPSG 4236 to 900913
the far right side of my maps gets distorted.
With a world map and zoom level 0 the distorted area from about 140 to
180 degree longitude and the problem persists on every zoom level
focusing near 180 degree longitude.

Thats probably a bug in my libproj installation (I'm using Ubuntu
10.10), but when I'm try to to the same in GDAL everything works fine.

My mapproxy.yaml:

services:
  demo:
  kml:
  tms:
  wms:
    md:
      title: Datenscheibe.org
      abstract: Datenscheibe.org

layers:
  bmng09:
    title: Bluemarble September
    sources: [mapnik_bmng09_cache]

caches:
  mapnik_bmng09_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_GEODETIC, GLOBAL_MERCATOR]
    sources: [mapnik_bmng09_wms]

sources:
  mapnik_bmng09_wms:
    type: wms