[MapProxy] Mapproxy hangs on reprojection?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Oct 1 05:51:31 EDT 2010

Hi Anne,

On 27.09.2010, at 16:43, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
>> On 26.09.2010, at 22:10, Anne Blankert wrote:
>>> After reprojection, transparency still seems to be lost, also on the Linux install.
>>> Both client to MapProxy and MapProxy to WMS request with 'transparent=true'. I verified that the WMS server sends a png on a transparent background.
> Hmmm, can you mail me a full configuration example? I've tried to reproduce this (transparent EPSG:4326 source, EPSG:4326 cache and EPSG:900913 request), but it worked here (0.8.5 and trunk).

Ok, there was indeed a bug for the projection _before_ caching, but it didn't showed up when using the fastpng PIL version. There was an unnecessary image conversion where the transparency was lost, so it should also be a bit faster.

There is an intermediate release:
http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/MapProxy-0.8.6.dev-20101001.tar.gz

Thanks for reporting that issue and sending me the example.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)