[MapProxy] different getCapabilities response

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Apr 8 03:35:30 EDT 2011

On 07.04.2011, at 10:54, Fabrellas Bertran, Isabel wrote:
> We need to restrict access to certain layers, so that a user with unlimited access can view all layers with the GetCapabilities request,  while another user can only see a limited set of layers.
>
> Is it possible to offer a different GetCapabilities response according to the url used to access MapProxy?

You have two options for that:

- create multiple MapProxy configurations for each each user group (search for MultiMapProxy).
- use the authentication interface of MapProxy

The later requires some Python programming, but it is the most flexible. You can integrate existing user databases for example. You can reuse any cache in both cases.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn