[MapProxy] No system list / lib conflict on windows?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu May 19 05:28:26 EDT 2011

On 18.05.2011, at 22:27, Holger Bruch wrote:
> I just installed mapproxy on windows and am having problems starting the
> server:
>
> mapproxy.platform.cpython.proj.ProjInitError: error initializing
> Proj(proj_def=None, init='epsg:4326'): no system list, errno: 2
>
> Seems to me, that there is a conflict with my postgres' libproj.dll, which
> seems to be used instead of the pyproj-lib(?):
>
> <CDLL 'C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin\libproj.dll', handle 1a20000 at
> 12372d0>
>
> Any hints, how to work around this?

You can either use PostgresSQL's libproj.dll and point that lib to the directory with the epsg files by setting the PROJ_DIR environment variable, or you can force MapProxy to use pyproj by setting the MAPPROXY_USE_PYPROJ environment variable to some value.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn