[MapProxy] MapProxy under Apache with mod_wsgi or mod_python

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Sat May 21 02:12:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 20.05.2011, at 19:23, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:
> I am trying to get an example, here in the list, using mod_wsgi or mod_python with no success. Does anyone already implemented mapproxy with mod_wsgi or mod_python and want to share the key steps?

The basics are described in the documentation: http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/deployment.html#embedding

One thing I just noticed is missing in the docs: mod_wsgi runs MapProxy inside of Apache and it uses the Python version that mod_wsgi is configured to use. So you need to install MapProxy systemwide (not in a virtualenv), or configure mod_wsgi to use your virtualenv.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt