[MapProxy] Seeding mapproxy with a previously generated TMS cache

Jaak Laineste jaak at nutiteq.com
Thu Nov 3 15:35:55 EDT 2011

I would try:

 1. configure mapproxy to use sqlite (MBTiles format) as cache format

 2. use https://github.com/mapbox/mbutil to convert your directory to MBTiles. Note that MBTiles uses TMS x/y/z scheme, but Google uses a bit different one (also OSM), there is parameter "--scheme osm" but I think the parameter worked only for MBTiles->files conversion side, and not for your direction. Anyway, it should be easy to fix it: osm and tms scheme difference is only in flipped y coordinate (and there is flip_y method).

 3. copy data from your MBTiles to mapproxy MBTiles. Check if they are really the same: maybe some metadata tables need to be there.

Jaak