[MapProxy] Seeding mapproxy with a previously generated TMS cache

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Nov 3 16:37:17 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 03.11.2011, at 19:24, Jorge Arévalo wrote:
> So, I actually have a set of pre-generated tiles (generated with
> gdal2tiles, if helps), and I want to serve them using MapProxy. I've
> read that I can use an existing Tile Server as source
> (http://mapproxy.org/docs/1.2.0/sources.html#tiles), but I don't have
> a Tile Server, only a big bunch of tiles stored at disk. How could I
> configure MapProxy to serve them?

You can change the internal tile structure with the directory_layout option.

  caches:
    mycache:
      sources: []
      grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR]
      cache:
         type: file
         directory_layout: tms

http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html#cache

You might need to create a new grid with `origin: nw`, if your tiles are not real TMS but start in the north/west corner.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn