[MapProxy] Possible issue cleanup task - mbtiles

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Thu Nov 17 10:56:28 EST 2011

Hi,

On 16.11.2011, at 17:30, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
> The MBTiles format is a bit limited and does not include any timestamps. So, updating/removing tiles with refresh/remove_before is not possible. Of course, it should not fail with an exception.
>
> I'll see how the seed tool can be improved so that it is possible to reseed or remove areas, without making it too easy to drop the whole cache by accident.

I fixed the exceptions and the behavior is now as follows (from http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html#mbtiles):

The MBTiles format does not include any timestamps for each tile and the seeding function is limited therefore. If you include any refresh_before time in a seed task, all tiles will be recreated regardless of the value. The cleanup process does not support any remove_before times for MBTiles and it always removes all tiles. Use the --summary option of the mapproxy-seed tool.

Please let me know if that works.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn