[MapProxy] timeout for slow WMS server

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Oct 28 10:39:09 EDT 2011

On 28.10.2011, at 15:53, Jaak Laineste wrote:
> Ok, I assumed it is in seconds and put it to 10 minutes. Now I get another mapproxy internal timeout exception. I assume that it is coming from the fact that client is OpenLayers, it creates more concurrent requests than mapproxy can handle, and internal request queue timeout should be also larger, just as with wms backend query timeout?

The cache locking uses the global client timeout (from globals.http.client_timeout). But you should use the seed tool if you have sources that are that slow.

> Fast forward to my next problem:
>
> I try to get TMS front-end working and am confused. I have following tile : http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/18/149681/77722.png and I try to get same via mapproxy. If I give same z/x/y then backend WMS request very wrong. From demo service it turnes out that the same tile is /tms/1.0.0/osm_EPSG900913/17/149681/184421.png . Here zoom is one different and y is inverted (which is typical difference between web mapping xyz and TMS). Can it be fixed with config? My grid is:
>    base: GLOBAL_MERCATOR
>    num_levels: 19
>
> My target is to use the TMS service in Potlach2 which supports only "web standard" tile xyz system.

The OpenStreetMap tile server is not a TMS, but a copy of the Google Maps tiling schema. See http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/services.html#openlayers

This should work in your case: /tiles/osm_EPSG900913/18/149681/77722.png?origin=nw

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn