[MapProxy] error in combined cache

Volkmar Herbst Agricon volkmar.herbst at agricon.de
Mon Apr 16 05:09:00 EDT 2012

Dear all,
I was starting using Mapproxy since last week and run into several issues I
could not figure out. I want to cache locally a mixture of different sources
(tileserver, wms) and serve to a custom mapcontrol. The mapcontrol uses
successfully osm data directly (format
http://a.tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png). I also
configured the Mapproxy source on the clientside like this
("http://10.0.150.125:8080/tms/aoi-rgb_EPSG900913/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png";)
where I had to swap the y reference as the mapcontrol I use does use the OSM
tile coordinates. First I set the AOI source to a custom grid covering only
the area and of course that did not match with OSM. Now I set everything to
GLOBAL_MERCATOR and I expected, that the tile names are completely identical
with OSM but they are not. There is still a difference in zoom and Location.
In the demo OPenlayers Example however it seems to be ok. What could be the
reason? How can I deliver tiles in the exactly same format as OSM?

The nex problem in the configuration below is the error    ValueError: meta
tiling configured but not supported by all sources.
I want to load the lables from a tile source on top of the orthophoto. How
can I configure or disable meta tiling?

Thanks for any hint on the two subjects.
Volkmar

caches:

layers:
  - name: osm
    title: Omniscale1 OSM WMS - osm.omniscale.net
    sources: [osm_cache]
  - name: aoi-rgb
    title: AOI Orthophoto
    sources: [aoi-combined_cache]

  osm_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [osm_wms]
  aoi-rgb_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [aoi_ortho_wms]
  aoi-combined_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [aoi_ortho_wms, osm_labels]

sources:
  osm_wms:
    type: wms