[MapProxy] New MapProxy 1.5.0 release

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:43:45 PST 2012

On 2012-12-10 09:23, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote :
> On 07.12.2012, at 21:09, A.Pirard.Papou wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,  I'm afraid I see no upgrade to
>> http://mapproxy.org/static/rel/mapproxy_1.4.0_all.deb
>> which I had enjoyed installing instantly.
> We don't provide any official .deb packages. The .deb packages at mapproxy.org are build manually for the OSGeo Live DVD. I will prepare a 1.5.0 package for the next Live DVD (probably today), but there is no guarantee that there will be a .deb. package for every release.
>
> Maybe someone is able to setup a PPA for .deb packages, if there is a need for it? (Or something similar for Debian)
Thanks a lot, Oliver.
pip installations may conflict with python stuff that's been installed
by DEB.
I've tried to hack a DEB but I must have missed something and it's
better you do it.
A DEB is not only for the Debian tree.
The command alien can convert it  to RPM, TGZ and SLP to be used by many
systems.
That's, I suppose , what Angelos Tzotsos did.

Cheers,

André.