[MapProxy] transparency with a WMS layer

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sat Feb 25 04:43:20 EST 2012

On 24.02.2012, at 21:57, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> I have believed that jpeg does not support transparency but does OpenLayers handle it with some special system?
>
>> "effis_hotspots", format: 'image/jpeg', transparent: "true"},,

Thanks Jukka, I didn't noticed the JPEG format. What I said is still true, but this should be the actual reason why OpenLayers shows a white background. You might even leave out the transparent option, since I assume OpenLayer uses transparent=true by default for WMS overlay layers (isBaseLayer=false).

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn