[MapProxy] mbtiles cache and expiration

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Jan 6 08:33:28 EST 2012

Hi,

On 05.01.2012, at 12:52, Martin Kokeš wrote:
> is there a option how to set expiration in HTTP headers for png's/jpg's extracted from mbtiles cache? My file cache with tms directory_layout serves smooth and fast with HTTP 304 responses, but responses from mbtiles cache are always HTTP 200.

I have never thought about that, but this is the expected behavior - unfortunately. The MBTile specification does not have any timestamps, so MapProxy can't check if the tile changed or not.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn