[MapProxy] MapProxy Tutorial 1.3...

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 26 15:56:48 EST 2012

On 26 January 2012 21:24, HChin Hank <HChin at edrnet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am new to mapproxy.
>

> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on Mapproxy?
>

> I have read the install doc and my installation is running. But the fine
> details of gettting it customized is a mystery.
>

> In addition, I have geoserver running on another server with PostGIS ready.
>

> The documentation, as least for me, is extremely hard to understand.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Hank  (new to mailing list)

Hi Hank

I find the documentation pretty good but, yes there are no specific
how to's and my point of view is not the typical newcomer as I've been
working with mapserver and TileCache before. By the way the
automatically created configuration file is also very helpful for me.

What kind of tasks are customizations are you willing to accomplish?

I find the OSGeo Live Quickstart a little bit poor so if you point any
good example of customization or task we can at the same time improve
the quickstart: you get help from this list and also contribute a
little bit :-)

Cheers
[1] http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/mapproxy_quickstart.html

--