[MapProxy] Handling a lot of WMS layers

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Mar 6 11:55:15 EST 2012

On 05.03.2012, at 11:13, Luca Casagrande wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am going to create a WMS service with many layers and I'm looking for the best way to organize the MapProxy configuration file.
> In MapServer, used to generate the service, I will useINCLUDE keyword to keep file size small, but I do not know how to handle the same problem in MapProxy.

There is a base option to "include" one other file. It doesn't include the actual content, but it loads the other config file and merges both together. So you can have grids definitions in both files, for example.
The only issue with this is that relative path will always be based on the first file and not the "included" (but I guess that's not different from MapServer).

http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration_examples.html#serve-multiple-mapproxy-instances

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn