[MapProxy] Move to GitHub

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed May 2 11:07:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that we are planing to move the development to GitHub.
I really like Mercurial, but most projects and developers are now preferring Git as a DCVS and we want to make contributing to MapProxy as easy as possible.

We will make the transition after 1.4.0 is released and we plan to keep both GitHub and Bitbucket in-sync till 1.5.0. So if you have any changes for MapProxy, it'll be a good idea to push them in the next months.

There is already a first repository at GitHub [1] but please do not fork it until we officially announce it (we may have to rebuild the mirror).

[1] https://github.com/mapproxy/mapproxy

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn