[MapProxy] Problem with seeding multiple coverages

Oliver Schöne schoene at nisandmore.de
Tue May 29 10:17:03 PDT 2012

Hello list,

we are running Mapproxy 1.4.0 on an ubuntu 11.10 server installation. There
is configured one source as a wms source, one cache for this source and 1
layer. To use this, we decided to seed the wms source and to publish a new
TMS source via Mapproxy. Therefore we use the seed_only: true option. In our
seed.yaml, we definded 10 coverages, which are theselves defined as shp
files. The files are in a network share and the ubuntu server has mounted
this share. It has reading and writing permissions on this share. If we want
to seed all coverages at one time, for example like this:

seeds:

  myseed1:

    caches: [namosm_cache]

    grids: [EPSG_31467]

    coverages: [coverage1, coverage2, coverage3, coverage4
]

    levels: [1]

the seeding tool only shows 0.00% and stys there. If we look on the Ubuntu
server, no tiles are created and the cpu is at 100% load (at 1 core) on the
seeding process. We have waited about 2 hours if it creates any tiles, but
it doesn’t. If we seed only one coverage at a time, it works fine. We only
have this issue, if we want to seed all coverages at once.

Have anyone had this problem too?

Thanks in advance,