[MapProxy] installation on windows x64

Marco Scheuble marco.scheuble at gmx.de
Wed Feb 27 02:04:58 PST 2013

Hi all,

the installation of mapproxy fails with the message:
"error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat"

OS: Virtual Machine - Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard / Intel 64

What I did:
- Followed the instructions from the documentation
=> installation failed with specified errormessage

- Downloaded the pyproj-special-bin from gohlkes website ( pyproj-1.9.3.win-amd64-py2.7.‌exe ) and run easy_install pyproj....exe

every time I'm running "easy_install MapProxy" or "pyproj...exe" I'm getting that error message.

I still found two threads about that issue, but they didn't get me any further.
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/MapProxy-Installation-issues-on-x64-Windows-tp5017408.html
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/MapProxy-Windows-Installation-Troubles-tp4988094p4988126.html

Maybe anyone can give me a hint?
cheers, Marco