[MapProxy] Need help for get runinng mapproxy on openSUSE

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 22:25:19 PST 2013

On 2013-11-15 17:36, edv hotline wrote :
> Hi,
>
> I'm new with mapproxy, and I tray to run any Swiss map with mapproxy
> On github.com site I find this
> https://github.com/gjn/mf-chsdi/blob/master/mapproxy/mapproxy.yaml
> but if I try to run I get a error message below.
OK, for some good Swiss cheese. Or a knife ;-)
> mapproxy.platform.cpython.proj.ProjInitError: error initializing
> Proj(proj_def=None, init='epsg:21781'): no system list, errno: 2
> openSUSE 12.2 (i586)
> VERSION = 12.2
> CODENAME = Mantis
> With Ubuntu I can run this mapproxy.yaml file without any problem, but
> we prefer SuSE.
It seems to me, Mila, that your openSUSE systems lacks the libproj0 package.
If it were installed, it would mean that Mapproxy doesn't find it.
Install it and tell us (about the cheese ;-))

I would like to know how you installed Mapproxy on SUSE.
There is a Mapproxy RPM packet that should avoid that kind of problems
by requiring libproj0.
If you installed the package and libproj0 is missing, you should report
that RPM package problem.
See my next message to this list.

Cheers (Grüßen),

André.