[MapProxy] Automatic detection of content change

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Oct 7 04:52:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 01.10.2013, at 15:56, Steven D. Lander wrote:
> I was wondering if mapproxy has any built-in support for the detection of changes to entity tags or HTTP timestamps when caching.  For instance if a tile source changes their data, can mapproxy check individual tiles for changes via E-tag/HTTP-header-timestamp and then re-cache that tile or is it up to the mapproxy maintainer to anticipate that case and handle via cleanups?

no, that's not possible. I don't know if there is any WMS that supports HTTP caching in a reasonable way, but it's a nice idea for tile sources. MapProxy could make conditional requests to the tile source if the tile was already cached. This will at least save some bandwidth.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn