[MapProxy] Google Static Maps API

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Oct 30 15:51:58 PDT 2013

I have been in touch with google. As long as you use their official API and
have a business license, it is allowed. Personaly I would prefer that the
"solution provider"  that created this solution for the company I work at
simply used the company layers; but unfortunately they didn't. Besides
that, they use the developer way to run mapproxy, making me wonder even
more if they know what they are doing. But hey, I want to keep my
passengers happy so I thought, let's see what is possible...

Tomorrow I will re-contact google to get a formal statement on if they
allow caching at all..