[MapProxy] Installing Mapproxy on Windows - using MS4W

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Sep 19 12:14:04 PDT 2014

Hello,

While installing mapproxy on windows, specifically on the step to install pyproj, easy install reported the following error:  "Unable to find vcvarsall.bat."

1)      Is there any way to fix the unable to find vccarsall.bat error?

2)      If I would like to use GDAL that is included with MS4W.  All of the executables for GDAL are in c:\ms4w\tools.  All of the python code appears to be in c:\ms4w\python\gdal.  Which path or paths should I set for the system environment variables? Or would I be better off installing GDAL?

3)      The installation notes for windows mentions that we should skip the creation of the virtualenv if we would like to use mod_wsgi.  Maybe I missed something, but I did not see instructions as to how to install Mapproxy without virtualenv.  Could someone clairify this for me please.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP
Lyon County GIS Coordinator