[MapProxy] FYI: Possible root cause of 'sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked'

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Sun Mar 15 09:07:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

I confirm this behaviour for MapProxy 1.7.1 on Ubuntu (with UbuntuGIS
unstable PPA) using the standard Ubuntu package for sqlite3:

- on Ubuntu 13.10 with "sqlite3 amd64 3.7.17-1ubuntu1", the
'sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked'-error appeared.

- after upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04.2 with "sqlite3 amd64 3.8.2-1ubuntu2",
the error no longer occurred.

Though the issue itself seems not to be version-dependent, but on the
compiler-directive HAVE_USLEEP (which must be 1). So that flag may have
been set for Ubuntu 14.04, which is as a better choice (LTS) anyway.
Maybe of use for reproducing via e.g. Vagrant.

best,

Just