[MapProxy] Force PNG24 on single cache

Just van den Broecke just at justobjects.nl
Tue May 5 09:47:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to force a single cache to use PNG24 (all others already use
paletted PNG8). Tried several settings but to no avail. Using MapProxy
1.7.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, Python 2.7 Pillow 2.8.1.

Latest setting for target cache and globals is:

caches:
   relief_struct_file_cache:
     grids: [geonovum_grid, opentopo_extent_grid]
     sources: [relief_struct_wms]
     format: png24

globals:
   image:
     resampling_method: bilinear
     paletted: true
     formats:
       png24:
         format: image/png
         mode: RGBA
         colors: 0

The WMS [relief_struct_wms] outputs PNG24 ok. When I set paletted:
false, I get PNG24 RGBA in the target cache but also all other caches.
My aim is to force PNG24 for only the relief_struct_file_cache.

Any suggestions? Or should I set paletted: false (can't set paletted:
false on single cache?) and force PNG8 on all other caches?

Thanks,

--Just
www.justobjects.nl