[MapProxy] Delimiter for layer-name and grid name in TMS

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Fri Sep 2 03:11:14 PDT 2016

On 01.09.2016, at 16:08, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi> wrote:

> I did not read carefully enough if href could be about anything if each href is just announced correctly in the capabilities and if this could be OK for level zero
> <TileSet href="http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/foo/bar" units-per-pixel="0.703125" order="0"/>

The URLs do not need to have any meaning. Only x/y.format is fixed for all services, even the zoom levels (TileSet) can be L01, 1, 01, 1:100000, etc.

From the spec:

[...]Note that while the URLs used to access resources may appear to have internal meaning (the resource for version 1.0.0 of the service has "1.0.0" in it's URL) such structure is not required of them.

The only requirement is that the resource be referenced by a URL (http://tms.osgeo.org/1.0.0/ could be http://tms.osgeo.org/onepointzeropointzero or http://tms.osgeo.org/flipper.xml as long as the value appeared in the href of the <TileMapService> element).
[...]

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com