[MapProxy] beginners tutorial for MapProxy (windows version)

Pestereva, Anna apestereva at aerialservicesinc.com
Thu Feb 2 11:07:48 PST 2017

Ali,

here are my notes from first installing Mapproxy on Windows (same route as
Travis suggested)

1) MapProxy requires Python environment for installation. It can be
achieved in 2 ways: separate python installation or OSGeo4W package, which
is easier for beginners.
MapProxy is installed on top of OSGeo4W by one download and three commands
in OSGeo console (see http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/install_osgeo4w.html).

2) Still in the console - a sample project can be created and a sample
service can be started (http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/install.html#create-
configuration).
Creating a sample project - means just a folder of 4 .yaml configuration
files, and by default caching happens in this folder's subfoler too.

3) Sample configuration has one OSM layer by default. To add my layer, I
needed to edit mapproxy.yaml file - add a new source, cache, layer (see
http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/sources.html,
https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html).

4) Once mapproxy server is started in the console using updated
configuration - it can be tested by default on localhost:8080. It shows a
list of available layers, services, capabilities, etc..

Hope it helps!

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 8:44 AM, Travis Kirstine <traviskirstine at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've found using the osgeo4w package very user friendly as a starting point
>
> https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/install_osgeo4w.html
>
> Once the install in completed and you've created your yaml file (
> https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html) you can use the
> mapproxy-util serve-develop command line tool to run a development server (
> https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/mapproxy_util.html#
> mapproxy-util-serve-develop)
>
> Regards
>
> On 2 February 2017 at 05:31, Piero Campalani <piero.campa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ​Too simple to be true but.. did you try the official docs?
>> https://mapproxy.org/documentation​
>>
>> -
>> ​Piero
>>>>
>> On 1 February 2017 at 21:00, <mapproxy-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 07:40:10 +0000 (UTC)
>>> From: Ali Madad <alimadadmsbk at yahoo.com>
>>> To: "mapproxy at lists.osgeo.org" <mapproxy at lists.osgeo.org>
>>> Subject: [MapProxy] beginners tutorial for MapProxy (windows version)
>>>
>>> Hello all dears,
>>> I use geoserver for generating WMS & WMTS services.
>>> Since the WMTS services which are based on EPSG:4326, presents in Arcmap
>>> with a small shift, I am trying to install a MapProxy for sending it my
>>> WMTS layers and use it`s WMS output services for my Arcmap.
>>>
>>> May you please let me know how to use a MapProxy in windows?
>>> I have installed a MapProxy by using this file: MapProxy-1.9.0.0.exe ,
>>> which has been downloaded from here: https://github.com/baasg
>>> eo/mapproxywindows/releases
>>> But I can`t go further! I read some existed documents and tutorials but
>>> I was not able to understand them well.
>>> Is there a simple doc which elaborate more for beginners?
>>>
>>> Many thanks for your time.
>>> Ali Madad ,   copied from Bayat

*Anna Pestereva, GISP | Application Developer & Cartographer*
*Aerial Services, Inc. (ASI) *
Office: (319) 277-0436 | Direct: (319) 553-0261 | Mobile: (319) 830-6340 |
Fax: (866) 800-4799
6315 Chancellor Drive | Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
APestereva at AerialServicesInc.com <apestereva at AerialServicesInc.com> |
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/annapestereva>
*www.AerialServicesInc.com* <http://www.aerialservicesinc.com/> |
Photo{blog}metry <https://aerialservicesinc.com/blog/>*
<http://www.aerialservicesinc.com/>*