[MapProxy] what is meaning of mapproxy-seed output

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 05:42:02 PST 2017

Hi,
thx for help.

I notice however a strange thinkthat seem negate the definition for the
last column of report log.

I execute more and more time the seeding process on more seed-process.
The results are quite different.

In a secific seed process it report as last column (number of tiles
retrieved) 0 (zero).
This mean that the cache is full and need to retrieve 0 tiles again.

But in another seed proces it is always reporting me always the same value
of tiles.

Infact it is reporting me always the number "5623360 tiles".

If the last column is the number of tiles retrieved in the last session of
seeding.
Why it report me always the same number of

Could this have a different interpretation ?

Thx,
Andrea.

> Hi,
>

> > On 29. Nov 2017, at 15:08, Johannes Weskamm <weskamm at terrestris.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > My understanding is the following:
> > [...]
>

> yes, that's correct.
>
> I've just updated the documentation for that https://mapproxy.org/docs/
> nightly/seed.html#output
> and I've also tried to further explain the general seeding method of
> MapProxy https://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/seed.html#seed-method
>
> Feedback and improvements are always welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | https://omniscale.com