[MapProxy] MapProxy EPSG 4326 - Run it Automatically

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 18 04:04:09 PST 2022

Hey,

there are several MapProxy containers available, but no official one:
https://www.google.com/search?q=docker+mapproxy

It's not recommend to use `serve-develop` for deployment or in
production. In my containers, I'm using Gunicorn with a simple PID-0
manager to kill possible leftovers. It's against container concept to
let a container or its process start on its own. Once the application
dies, the container (and its application) should be restarted from outside.

The simplest way to start mapproxy-util or Gunicorn (etc.) is it put it
into a systemd- or a SysV-service. Here's a simple howto (there are tons
on the web): https://www.shellhacks.com/systemd-service-file-example/

Best regards,
Tobias