[geojquery] jQuery and Openlayers integration

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Thu Jul 8 22:09:30 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this initiative and I'm very interested in seeing how it
progresses.

I work at CARIS (www.caris.com) and we currently have Oscar.  Oscar is very
similar to what this initiative is proposing.  It's like GeoExt, except we are
currently using YUI and started moving towards replacing that with jQuery, thus
the reason why I've subscribed to this list.

I'm really interested in seeing if there is an opportunity for potential
collaboration or contribution with this effort.  We have a very clean
structured build system already in place for Oscar.  It is based on Maven and
the JavaScript plugin, and it is set up for easy unit testing via the
TestAnotherWay framework (of course) and the cargo plugin.  We're also
investigating the use of Selenium and HTTPUnit as well.

I know the licensing of this type of framework (no ExtJS) is a strong benefit to
companies like ours.  I also understand the strong benefits of possible
corporate partners working with the open source community.

Keep me in the loop.

Cheers and best wishes,

Tim Astle