[geojquery] Desireable plugin pattern

Christian Wygoda arsgeografica at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 29 16:14:16 EDT 2010

I understand not wanting to have DOM objects returned (which jQuery UI
doesn't if the called function returns anything (other than "this")).
Personally I could live with using the jQuery UI approach of having the
first arg as function name and then the real function arguments - at least
it keeps the jQuery namespace clean.

What would you like to see instead of

$('#mymap').map('addLayer', LayerDefObject);
$('#mymap').map('getNumLayers')

I'd be happy to learn what you envision!

Cheers,
  Crischan