[MapQuery] Directory layout + external libs in Git repo

Christian Wygoda arsgeografica at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:31:45 EST 2010

My personal workspace definitely will use local libs, I'm way to often on a
train... :) If I have to have a separate directory for such demos, I'd be
happy with it for now. Altough I'd put it in gitignore. Of course, once
there will be a downloadable tarball/zip from a nice mapQuery website the
included demos _must_ work out of the box after the download. As for offline
maps - maybe we should gather something for a nice demo area including
Tilesets, GML, KML, etc.? I find too often that relying on online services
fires back when these services move or are offline.

As for resources (css, images) - everything we need to provide ourselves -
e.g. can't be taken from jQuery UI like a nice wrench icon for a configure
button - should live inside the src folder. Probably one css file
(mapquery.css?) with sections for each widget and all images inside a
src/images folder?

Offline demo maps could live inside demo/data/...

How does that sound?