[geojquery] Playing with the prototype GeojQuery Widget

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 10:52:10 EDT 2010

On 09/25/2010 09:23 PM, Volker Mische wrote:
> Ok, I found some time to implement a few bits. The geoMap() doesn't use
> the jQuery UI wdget factory any longer. Though the API changed a bit, as
> I hit some walls while implementing.
>
> The .geoMap() returns a jQuery object. The reason is, that you can now
> apply a map to several DOM nodes at the same time (see
> demo/multimaps.html). If can get the geoMap object (I was referring to
> as geojquery-core) with .geoMap(...).data('geoMap') (e.g. if you want to
> add layers).
>
> The widgets will now take a jQuery object as input. I implemented it for
> the geoLayerControl.
>
> Please have a look at the examples to see if you like it or not.
>
> I also added information to the wiki page:
> http://gitorious.org/geojquery/pages/Api
>
> Hers's my changeset (on my own branch)
> http://gitorious.org/~vmx/geojquery/vmx-geojquery/commit/b5372dec58ef8ddf21c26a6c954080b1082d4199

I should also have written how to get this branch (named "no-factory")
into your local Git repo (you can also click the questionmark on the
Gitorious page next to the clone URL [1]):

git remote add vmx  git://gitorious.org/~vmx/geojquery/vmx-geojquery.git
git fetch vmx
git checkout -b no-factory vmx/no-factory

Now you are within a local branch called "no-factory" which contains my
code.

[1] http://gitorious.org/~vmx/geojquery/vmx-geojquery

Cheers,
  Volker