[MapQuery] direction for 0.2

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 04:00:43 PDT 2012

Hi Steven,

On 08/03/2012 04:48 PM, Steven M. Ottens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Volker already committed his feature work to the main branch back in
> May. Today I went through the list of issues and solved a few and
> updated it to use OL 2.12. My question for you guys is what should be
> done to constitute a 0.2 release?
>
> At least I want to add an example how to use KML with MapQuery. I have
> not yet a clear view what is the best way though.
> I'm also keeping an eye on ol3, but that still has a long way to go I
> think.

I think adding new formats like KML would be great to justify a 0.2 release.

I first thought it would be a good idea, to only allow GeoJSON as input
for .features(). Then you would transform other formats to GeoJSON. But
the problem with KML is, that is supports more things than GeoJSON does.
So perhaps we should do it in the way we've discussed it at the code
sprint in Denver.

You have something like:

layer.feature({
  type: 'KML',