[MapQuery] Sidebar-Layers Synchronization Recommendation

Arnie Shore shoreas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:18:16 EDT 2012

To some extent, my interest is an exercise in code minimization.  Our
current implementation - sans any significant use of JS libraries, is
quite large and complex - although its size is a result of accretion
as much as inherent rule complexity.

Ideally I'd like to be able to hide/show both icon and the related
sidebar entry in a single function call, IAW jQuery's selectors
operations.  And a similar kind of sidebar interaction when a map
layer is shown or hidden, although I may be expecting too much from
the libraries here.

AS