[MapQuery] Re: OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.RootContainer

Giuseppe De Marco peppelinux at yahoo.it
Sun May 20 06:07:39 EDT 2012

Message: 6
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 08:27:21 +0200
From: Eric Lemoine <eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com>
Subject: Re: [OpenLayers-Users] why
    OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.Root_Container    hates me?
To: Giuseppe De Marco <peppelinux at yahoo.it>
Cc: "openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org"
    <openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org>

On Saturday, May 19, 2012, Giuseppe De Marco wrote:

> I didn't understand very well the importance
> of OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.Root_Container.
>
> I know that if I created first a Vector layer with some features whithin
> it, if later I create a Root_container the features on the first Vector
> layer doesn't been clickable anymore (for getfeatures event).

You're not supposed to create RootContainer layers yourself. A
SelectFeature control creates a RootContainer layer when it is requested to
work with an array of layers.

I think the docs make this pretty clear: <
http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Vector/RootContainer-js.html
>.

Cheers,