[mapserver-dev] Transparency attribute on Layer Object

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Aug 20 00:57:12 EDT 2002

I'll have to look at the implementation in mapdraw.c and see where the creation of the temporary image is happening. If it's before msDrawRaster then this should already work, if not then I'll have to look at moving it.

The transparency parameter works nicely with vector data. Has anyone simply tried it with raster data? It's there in 3.6+.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca> 08/19/02 12:36 PM >>>
Dave,

I never used it myself, but you might want to have a look at the
TRANSPARENCY parameter that was added at the layer level in 3.6:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0204/msg00292.html

I'm not sure whether this feature is properly supported with imagery
and/or 24 bits output in 3.7 yet... I'll let Frank/Steve reply on that.

Daniel