[mapserver-dev] Fwd: ms-3.6.3 and mappostgis.c

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 10 14:42:45 EDT 2002

Steve Lime wrote:

> Ideas folks? The 3.6.3 dist is built straight from the 3.6 branch on the
> UMN box...
>
> Steve

I think the 3.6.3 release is fine, it's just a little confusion:

- The latest development version in the 3.7 branch dates from Sept. 19
- The latest version in the 3.6 branch hasn't been touched since June 25

If the 3.7 version contains critical fixes that are needed for things to
work for 3.6 users then they should be backported by their authors in
the 3.6 branch.  Note that only critical and well tested fixes should be
applied to the 3.6 branch in order to avoid making 3.6 unstable.  I see
that most of the changes/fixes to the 3.7 version since June were done
by Dave B., so I think he is the one who should have the final call on
this and should apply some or all of the fixes to the 3.6 version if it
makes sense to do so.

Finally, a note to all developers: if/when you apply a fix to the 3.6
branch then _PLEASE_ add a note to the HISTORY.TXT file.